What We Do
Our business objective is to acquire, operate and deliver multifamily apartment communities with attractive investor cash flow and returns. We seek long term growth with continued investor returns and preservation of invested principal.
Target properties include:
- Stabilized Class B or C+ multifamily
- 100+ units, built between 1975-2000
- Garden style design, 3 floors or less
- Pitched roofs
- Performing assets
- Value add opportunities
- Texas triangle (DFW-Houston-San Antonio and all points between)
- Typical hold period – 5 to 7 years
Our operating model includes full cycle execution from finding deals to selling the asset. Our approach is to execute with an engineered discipline and strict attention to detail. This ensures all risks are identified and mitigation plans are in place for effective risk management.
- Market research and deal sourcing
- First tier analysis, test fundamentals
- Second tier analysis, due diligence
- Debt structuring, capital stack development
- Execution of acquisition and business formation
- Property management subcontracting and operations
- General contracting value add project execution
- Cash flow operations and property stabilization
- Final capital return, property disposition, dissolution
We utilize practiced and proven methods to make informed decisions that meet our tolerance for risk. Every component of execution is assessed for potential risk elements that could derail an opportunity. The assessment results in a mitigation strategy that helps continually guide our decisions. Our goal is to provide full transparency to investors of all details related to the important decisions that are executed by the team. As investors, we value the research of the unknown and question all aspects of the process to ensure that the best possible results are achieved. We have developed our blog, The Apartment Engineer, to help educate and inform our investor community. Together, we have confidence that our investments will achieve their best returns and preservation of capital.
Our primary focus is Houston Multifamily apartments. This market is poised for strong opportunities now that Dallas and Austin are saturated and highly competitive with compressed cap rates. We are local and dedicate full time to this effort. We are also available for ‘boots on the ground’ asset management support for remote syndicators and sponsors interested in investing in the Houston market.